Global 1000 organizations are aggressively deploying new technologies such as cloud-based services, Web services, and VoIP to modernize their infrastructure. They are also deploying a host of applications such as eCommerce, customer self-service, and instant messaging to improve business processes. These new technologies and applications are creating a significant increase in network traffic volume and complexity, making it more difficult to maintain a high performance network that doesn't disrupt application availability. This is especially true for large networks with thousands of servers, clients, and network links.
"MySQL allowed us to focus on designing a solution that would meet customer needs rather than how to minimize database licensing costs."
Ben Haley, Sr. Product Architect,
MySQL provides network management solution providers the following capabilities and benefits:
- High Performance enabling network management products to capture more data than products that rely on file systems or proprietary database technology. This provides network managers with greater granularity to successfully find and fix network bottlenecks, and the ability to meet the high and growing traffic demands of large Enteprises.
- Reduced COGS and Improved Profitability by using a highly cost efficient database that allows vendors to offer network management solutions at a fraction of the cost of competing solutions. MySQL's lower costs provide margin flexibility, so pricing can be more easily set to appeal to price-sensitive Small and Medium Business (SMBs).
- Ease of Installation, Configuration, and Use so customers can get a complete network management solution up-and-running quickly and keep it running using an out-of-the box configuration.
- Zero Administration so customers don't have to hire high-cost database administration skills to maintain the database. SMBs in particular can't afford to hire a dedicate DBA to manage their network management solutions.
- High Reliability so network management products can capture and track a high level of detail such as host, conversation and protocol data over extended periods of time.
ScienceLogic Relies on MySQL to Deliver Integrated Network Management Appliance
NetQoS Delivers Distributed Network Management Solution with MySQL
CONCEIVIUM Relies on MySQL to Perform Real-Time Analytics for BlackBerry Enterprise Server